Thursday, April 29, 2010

Melbourne Art Show

A great big thanks to all who visited the Melbourne Art Show this past weekend. After a 5K run/walk the art show got under way. There was fabulous art, large crowds and good feedback on my new pieces of art. As always the most popular piece was my "Going Surfin" image and my surfing turtles. If you did not get a chance to sign up for email notices, please contact me and you will be among the first to know about upcoming events, specials and gallery openings. Thank you to all the volunteers who made this show so successful.

3 comments:

Rodger said...

I'm enjoying my "Goin' Surfing" picture that I purchased at the Melbourne show. Found a really nice frame for it at a thrift shop and it's lookin' good. Maybe sometime you can explain what is a "giclee". Rodger

Rodger said...

I meant to add: Although I came to your booth for a third time before buying "Goin' Surfing", I did not notice there was a manatee in the car until I got home and took a closer look.

Thomas W. Ziffer said...

Hi Rodger, a giclee is one of the highest quality reproductions available. The French word means to spray, and it uses an 8 to 10 color process spraying millions of drops of paint onto either canvas or paper. This is done one at a time, assuring accuracy of color.
I'm very pleased you are enjoying "Goin' Surfing" it is one of my more whimsical pieces. Tom